Why Sugar is Bad for Your Yoni
SUGAR IS BAD FOR YOUR SEXUAL HEALTH
Just looking at these sugar-covered lips makes my Yoni shudder.
People always ask me – what is the worst thing you can eat to maintain your vaginal health? And my answer is always – SUGAR.
Here are (just some of) the reasons why sugar is bad for your vaginal and sexual health
- Sugar feeds the bad bacteria in your gut – When you eat sugar, especially processed, white, refined sugar, it feeds the bad bacteria which disrupts the healthy flora that is in your gut AND in your vagina and can throw your healthy vaginal pH levels off balance.
- This bacterial and pH imbalance can trigger yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis (BV), UTI’s and candida overgrowth, which can cause discomfort, inconvenience, feelings of low self-worth and can potentially develop into longer-term health issues if you keep experiencing chronic infections that keep coming back even after treatment.
- Sugar can cause hormonal imbalances – Sugar can create chaos with your hormones because it causes insulin to spike your blood sugar levels. When you have an insulin imbalance in your
body, this can cause your reproductive hormones and estrogen levels to be out of whack. Symptoms can include fatigue, difficulty concentrating, irritability & moodiness, anxiety & depression, acne, weight gain, irregular periods and fertility problems.
- Sugar can trigger anxiety and depression which can lead to low libido – Consuming excessive amounts of sugar can leave you feeling high, followed by a total blood sugar crash. This leads to hunger, cravings, brain fog, and a not-in-the-mood, not-very-sexy feeling. These blood sugar imbalances can elevate the stress hormone cortisol which can
triggermood swings, depression, and anxiety.
5 tips on how to reduce sugar from your diet:
- Eat Whole Foods – Choose low-glycemic fruits and vegetables, legumes, gluten-free grains and high-quality animal protein (if you are a meat-eater)
- Include Good Fats – Increase your (good) fat intake to help maintain blood sugar levels and preventing insulin from spiking/dropping – perfect sources are avocadoes, nuts and seeds, coconut oil, EVOO
- Eliminate processed foods and especially, any foods containing processed, refined (white) sugar
- Include only natural forms of sugar in your diet as it takes longer to break down in your body (thanks fibre!)
- Read the labels – start paying attention to how much sugar is in the food you eat! Try to choose options that have <10g of sugar per serving
This is just scratching the surface on the negative effects of sugar on your body, on your sexual health, and the health of your Yoni.
I share a ton of information on Instagram about how and why sugar negatively impacts your overall health, ESPECIALLY the health of your vagina. As someone who has struggled with chronic yeast infections and candida overgrowth for about half of my life, I can tell you from personal experience!
If you are struggling with chronic vaginal infections like yeast infections, UTI’s and bacterial vaginosis, check out the online programs I have that will help you learn all about how you can manage your infections holistically.